Moved to Palermo
Due to some confusion with our booking, we had to move out of our San Telmo guest house to an apartment in the suburb of Palermo. I now have an entirely different feeling of BsAs. Not as polluted, much cleaner, greener, quieter, and ...well.. nicer.
The apartment itself, however is a disaster. Not only was it not clean when we arrived (the previous tenant was clearly a slob... floor was barely visible through the sh!t they´d left behind), but it certainly wasn´t as advertised to us by the guest house. We´re not sure if that´s just our perception of what´s nice and appropriate and that this is common or if we were sold a dud, but anyway we´re only there for 2 more nights...
My top five greivances with the apartment
5. The window rattling when it´s closed (so we have to sleep with it open, luckily it´s quiet in this neighbourhood)
4. The door rattling when it´s closed
3. The shower filling up like a bath
2. The bed feels like sleeping on a matress of sand
... but most of all...
1. The bathroom floored with carpet and the cistern leaking so the carpet is permanently wet... Well I´m telling myself it´s the cistern and not something else... Of and there is also the soap holder with drainage holes that empty straight onto the carpet...
Carpet in a bathroom????